Nuance to Showcase AI and Reporting Innovations, Partnerships and Initiatives at RSNA 2017
BURLINGTON, Mass., Nov. 20, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nuance Communications, Inc.will showcase artificial intelligence (AI)-focused innovations and enhancements to its industry-leading reporting platform at the 2017 Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting (RSNA) next week at McCormick Place in Chicago.
Radiologists increasingly spend more time on paperwork and routine processes than diagnosing and recommending follow-up care for their patients. AI-based tools can help overcome this challenge and can help radiologists improve the efficiency of disease detection, diagnosis and treatment.
At the Nuance booth (#2700) in South Hall A, attendees will experience how Nuance is harnessing the power of AI and strategic partnerships to empower radiologists, advance radiology and improve diagnostic imaging.
Specifically, Nuance will:
- Introduce a first-of-its-kind AI initiative and collaboration with industry leaders to proliferate AI in radiology. This innovation will speed the creation and adoption of AI in imaging by giving radiologists the real-time intelligence needed at the time of care and within their usual workflow.
- Preview its next-generation diagnostics reporting offerings that take advantage of the latest innovations in AI and cloud-computing platforms.
- Showcase the latest deliverables and innovations created in Nuance’s Primordial Innovation Lab that is delivering forward-thinking technologies and services such as PowerScribe 360 Workflow Orchestration and Lung Cancer Screening tools.
- Participate broadly in the RSNA Machine Learning Pavilion, where Nuance will demonstrate a number of AI-based innovations for radiologists and developers.
- Present at the Machine Learning Theater on Wednesday, November 29 at 11:30 a.m. CT. Woojin Kim, Chief Medical Information Officer, Nuance Healthcare Division, will present, “AI’s Potential in Radiology: More Than Just Findings,” which demonstrates how AI can play an integral role in the future of medical imaging during the shift to value-based care.
“Radiologists today are faced with more burdens than ever, including a greater volume of cases, reporting requirements and the need to demonstrate value. The right technology can help overcome these hurdles -- to be more productive and focus attention where it belongs – on the patient,” said Karen Holzberger, vice president and general manager, Healthcare Diagnostics, Nuance. “From using AI to give radiologists ways to work more efficiently, to working side-by-side with clients to design leading-edge solutions that drive productivity, Nuance is transforming diagnostic imaging to meet the needs of the industry today and tomorrow.”
Nuance provides intelligent systems that support a more natural and insightful approach to clinical documentation, freeing clinicians to spend more time caring for patients. Nuance’s healthcare solutions capture, improve and communicate more than 300 million patient stories each year, helping more than 500,000 clinicians in 10,000 global healthcare organizations to drive meaningful clinical and financial outcomes. Nuance’s award-winning clinical speech recognition, medical transcription, CDI, coding, quality and medical imaging solutions provide a more complete and accurate view of patient care.
About Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.
Trademark reference: Nuance and the Nuance logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
Contact Information For Press Palmer Reuther, Nuance 781-565-5000 firstname.lastname@example.org Kristin Xiarhos, LPP 617-986-5708 email@example.com